Terps fans cheering on the men's and women's basketball teams at their season-opening games yesterday might’ve noticed a few new features at the Xfinity Center.
Maryland Athletics has unveiled a slew of improvements for guests around the arena and in concessions along with fan promotions:
AROUND THE ARENA
- New banners of the men’s and women’s players and coaches.
- A test-your-wingspan poster featuring a life-size picture of center Chol Marial's 7'8" wingspan.
- Large "TERPS" letters sprinkled throughout the concourse.
- A giant “My First Terps Game” picture frame to capture any first-time attendee’s experience. A certificate and button will also be provided to commemorate the event.
- New merchandise in the team shop.
- A new Green Turtle stand during men's games featuring crab cakes, hog hammers, boneless wings, Beyond Meat burgers, Maryland crab soup, loaded tots, crab dip with pretzel sticks, pretzels with beer cheese and Shell Raiser draft beer.
- A kosher stand during select conference games, serving hot pastrami, turkey, corned beef, falafel and hot dogs.
- Maryland Dairy ice cream, featuring Turge Turtle Crunch and Brenda's Peanut Butter Frese.
- Other returning favorites, like Logan's Italian sausages, Berk's hot dogs, pork BBQ, burgers, soft pretzels, souvenir bottomless popcorn buckets and Pepsi products.
- A 10% Terrapin Club member discount (excludes alcohol/beer, Chick-fil-A and Dippin' Dots).
- Gold Rush (Dec. 7 vs. Illinois): The 11th annual all-gold game.
- Red Out (Jan. 30 vs. Iowa): Be on the lookout for “Jurassic Park”-themed elements.
- Stix Night (Feb. 11 vs. Nebraska): The first 250 students will receive Jalen Smith-inspired goggles, while the rest will receive "glow STIX."
- White Out (March 8 vs. Michigan): Season finale.
- White Out (Nov. 10 vs. South Carolina): White out the Xfinity Center for this top-ranked matchup.
- Saturday Night Fever (Dec. 28 vs. Michigan): Fans can receive a Maryland disco ball necklace and participate in a halftime dance party.
- Price Is Right Night (Jan. 6 vs. Ohio State): Step on up for fun games and exciting prizes.
- Play4Kay (Feb. 3 vs. Michigan State): Annual game in support of the Kay Yow Cancer Fund.
TESTUDO’S KIDS CLUB
Maryland fans in eighth grade and under can start on the path to becoming lifelong supporters of the Terps. Click here for more info.
Season ticket holders can use their online account to donate tickets directly to VetTix. The tickets are then donated to veteran soldiers to attend home games at no cost to them.