Revisit Maryland Today’s Most Popular Stories in 2019
Among the highlights of 2019 on the University of Maryland campus, a massive Homecoming fireworks display lit up McKeldin Mall.
The holidays aren’t yet over, so we’re raising one more glass of eggnog to toast readers of Maryland Today as it wraps up its first calendar year.
We shared stories about University of Maryland research, events, history and announcements as well as features about all kinds of Terps. The biggest hits of 2019 included a lengthy list of summer camps at Maryland, profiles of alums who popped in popular culture (or were hoping to … if they didn’t get voted off the island) and news of the closure of a longtime food store on campus and the opening a grocery store just off it. Most of all, Maryland Today readers clicked on coverage about UMD’s latest rankings.
As we wish you a happy and healthy 2020, here’s a look back at this year’s top 10:
1. U.S. News, WSJ Rank UMD Among Top Public Colleges: University Also Noted for Commitment to Veterans, Diversity, Living-Learning Communities
2. 2019 Summer Camps at UMD: Your Guide to Ensuring Kids Have Enriching Experiences, Right Here on Campus
3. Expert: VW’s New Ad Campaign Takes Thoughtful Journey From Scandal: "Hello Light" Confronts Wrongdoing, Embraces Heyday, Promises Innovative Future
4. Graduate Programs Recognized by U.S. News & World Report: Education, Public Policy, Engineering Programs, More Ranked Among Best
5. Pranks for the Memories: On April Fool’s Day, Our List of the 5 Best Pranks in Campus History
6. Buyer’s Markets: With Lidl’s Opening, Options for Groceries in Greater College Park Keep Growing
7. Doors Closing at the Food Co-op: Students, Alums Mark 44-Year Run of Vegetarian-Friendly Sandwich Shop
8. From Maryland to Marooned: Two Alums Compete on New Season of ‘Survivor’
9. Deep in ‘The Boondocks’: Twenty Years Later, Alum’s Comic Creation Still Hits Hard—and Prepares for Revival on HBO
10. UMD to Open Space for Collaboration in Crystal City in 2020: ‘Discovery Center’ Near Amazon HQ2 to Drive Innovation
Maryland Today is produced by the Office of Marketing and Communications for the University of Maryland community on weekdays during the academic year, except for university holidays.
Faculty, staff and students receive the daily Maryland Today e-newsletter. To be added to the subscription list, sign up here:Subscribe