Alumni Association Seeks Top Terps for Honors
By Maryland Today Staff /
The Alumni Association is recruiting nominees for the Maryland Awards, which honor alumni who have risen to the highest levels of public service, launched successful companies and made groundbreaking discoveries.
The deadline to submit the nomination form is Oct. 31. A subgroup of the association’s Board of Governors will review the nominations, and the following awards will be presented at a gala in April:
- Hall of Fame: Recognizes our most notable alumni or community members who have made a significant contribution tosociety—educating, entertaining, serving or defending us.
- President’s Award: Celebrates our most noteworthy alumni or community members who excel in their industry or field
- Outstanding Young Alumnus/a Award: Recognizes an alumnus/a under 35 who is on the rise
- Spirit of Maryland Award: Honors an alumnus/a or community member who inspires Maryland pride
- Do Good Award: Honors an alumnus/a who represents the ideals of Doing Good
- Elaine Johnson Coates Award: Honor an alumnus/a who has made a significant and sustained contribution that fosters diversity and inclusion
- Tyser Gottwals Award: Recognizes an alumnus/a who has given their time and talents to UMD